WHS 5: Transition Handicaps
In order to move from CONGU to WHS handicaps, all players' current Handicap Records will be reprocessed using the WHS principles. The calculation will identify the best 8 of the last 20 Qualifying Scores, if posted since January 2018, and factor in:
- • The adjusted Gross Score (Score Differential)
- • The Course Rating (or SSS)
- • Any PCC (or CSS) adjustments
- • The Slope Rating of the tees played
If a player has submitted less than 20 scores in the last 2 years, the calculation will be done in a similar manner to the method of allocating new handicaps, as shown below.
If less than 20 Qualifying Scores posted in the last 2 years
- 3 scores: lowest score -2
- 4 scores: lowest score -1
- 5 scores: lowest score
- 6 scores: average of lowest 2 scores -1
- 7 to 8 scores: average of lowest 2 scores
- 9 to 11 scores: average of lowest 3 scores
- 12 to 14 scores: average of lowest 4 scores
- 15 to 16 scores: average of lowest 5 scores
- 17 to 18 scores: average of lowest 6 scores
- 19 scores: average of lowest 7 scores
- 20 scores: average of lowest 8 scores
If a player has no Qualifying Scores posted in the last 2 years, the Transition Handicap will be calculated on the basis of the 3 lowest scores being equal to their current playing handicap. So a player with a 20 handicap will have scores of 20, 20 and 20 on their Scoring Record and their handicap at Transition will be (20 - 2) = 18.
If you have an existing Handicap, you can log into England Golf to view your Handicap Index.
Dear Keith I write on behalf of the Gloucestershire Captains following our Captains Day held at Gloucester Golf Club on Friday July 12th 2019. Our association is indebted to you for providing a magnificent golfing experience. From start to finish your professional approach shone through and the day was as perfect as we could have wished for. From the food on arrival to the excellent dinner everything exceeded our expectations. The course was in very good condition and those playing spoke very highly in respect of its presentation. We look forward to returning in September for the Match against Worcestershire and we take this opportunity to wish Gloucester Golf Club every success going forward. Best regards to you and your staff. Paul Drinkwater. Captain Glos Captains 2019Gloucestershire Golf Captains Friday July 12th 18/09/2019Read More Testimonials