WHS 5: Transition Handicaps
In order to move from CONGU to WHS handicaps, all players' current Handicap Records will be reprocessed using the WHS principles. The calculation will identify the best 8 of the last 20 Qualifying Scores, if posted since January 2018, and factor in:
- • The adjusted Gross Score (Score Differential)
- • The Course Rating (or SSS)
- • Any PCC (or CSS) adjustments
- • The Slope Rating of the tees played
If a player has submitted less than 20 scores in the last 2 years, the calculation will be done in a similar manner to the method of allocating new handicaps, as shown below.
If less than 20 Qualifying Scores posted in the last 2 years
- 3 scores: lowest score -2
- 4 scores: lowest score -1
- 5 scores: lowest score
- 6 scores: average of lowest 2 scores -1
- 7 to 8 scores: average of lowest 2 scores
- 9 to 11 scores: average of lowest 3 scores
- 12 to 14 scores: average of lowest 4 scores
- 15 to 16 scores: average of lowest 5 scores
- 17 to 18 scores: average of lowest 6 scores
- 19 scores: average of lowest 7 scores
- 20 scores: average of lowest 8 scores
If a player has no Qualifying Scores posted in the last 2 years, the Transition Handicap will be calculated on the basis of the 3 lowest scores being equal to their current playing handicap. So a player with a 20 handicap will have scores of 20, 20 and 20 on their Scoring Record and their handicap at Transition will be (20 - 2) = 18.
If you have an existing Handicap, you can log into England Golf to view your Handicap Index.
Keith, I know that I spoke to both yourself and Steve Elway on the day, but I just wanted to send you another communication about my experience last Friday. I have played at Gloucester for about 30 years now and the course is in the best condition that I have ever seen it. I know that you have faced various challenges over the last two years or so but you and your team are to be congratulated for the hard work and effort that you have clearly put in. The other Minch Captain's that I played with thought exactly the same. I addition to the course, the food and service in the bar area was excellent and the chap clearing away the dirty dishes from the tables was most efficient! The whole experience was first class. Thanks again and please pass on my sentiments to your staff. Best regards, Trevor Lee 2015 Captain MGCTrevor Lee Friday July 12th 2019 18/09/2019Read More Testimonials