- Membership now being accepted at Gloucester Golf Club
- Important Information on the Re Opening of Gloucester Golf Club on March 29th
- An Aerial view of Gloucester Golf Club
- Gloucester Golf Club's Mixed Pairs Open 2021.
Operational Procedures for Re Opening on Wednesday May 13thPosted: 11/05/2020
Opening Operation Procedures/ Usage Guidelines after Lockdown
Welcome back Members and (after week one) Visitors to Gloucester Golf Club.
Hope you are safe and well.
Please note that the following has been written to comply with the present Government and Golf Union specifications to enable Gloucester Golf Club to reopen. Our priority is the safety of our staff, members and visitors and any non compliance will be dealt with within our Club rules and could result in loss of membership or visitors being asked to leave.
We expect all members to adhere to these procedures and have been working with Captains to ensure they are achievable and enable all members to return to golf at Gloucester. We need your help, as at the moment every item of guidance is open to interpretation and we are trying our best to get it right for Gloucester Members.
All procedures and usage guidelines will be reviewed on a regular basis and certainly if any changes are made by the Government or Golf Union.
We expect all members and visitors to respect social distancing rules which we expect to be in place for some time.
Operational Procedures from 13th May 2020
1. To enable all members to play ASAP with restricted group size we are opening the course as TWO NINE HOLE Courses. Obviously Front and Back nine. ( This decision will be reviewed after the first 7 days )
2. Playing Groups will be restricted to 2 maintaining social distancing at all times.
3. Please use the BRS system to book tee times. ( Only fully paid up members will be able book tee times ) Player 1 & 2 will play the front nine, Player 3 & 4 will play the back nine.
4. Any member not able to use BRS booking system can phone the Pro Shop to book vacant tee times.
5. All members will be able to book 14 days in advance. After first week Visitors will be able to book 6 days in advance thereafter.
6. NO CASUAL TURN UP AND PLAY WILL BE ALLOWED
7. Only Social Golf to be played, the opportunity to start Club Competitions will be reviewed when allowed.
8. NO group booking will be allowed by Members or Societies.
9. We expect all players to leave as soon as they have finished their round of golf.
1. The only facilities open at the club house will be the Pro Shop and Toilets
2. The Bar and Patio will be closed
3. The Driving Range and Practice Putting green will be closed.
4. Buggies can be booked although only for one person, unless two players are from the same household. The Cleaning of Buggies will be done daily and each Buggy will only be used once/day.
5. All Golf Clubs and trolleys must be removed from the Changing Rooms by closing time on Sunday to adhere to the social distancing rules.
6. At this time we are expecting all players to leave as soon as they have finished their round of golf.
Upon Arrival at the Club
1. Please park, if space allows, in alternate spaces to keep your social distance. If not possible please respect all users and give time and space to all.
2. Stay in your car until 15 minutes before your tee time.
3. Please be on time or risk loss of your tee time.
4. At least one of the Group to report to the Pro shop before going to the tee. FAILURE OF THIS REQUEST ON TWO OCCASIONS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF BOOKING RIGHTS.
Use of Club Facilities
1. Pro Shop, only two people allowed plus staff in the Pro Shop at any one time and relevant marking has been made to ensure social distancing.
2. Drinks and Bag Food will be available to purchase before commencing play.
3. No cash will be accepted and payment must be by a Members Card or Contactless payment.
4. Please respect social distancing when dealing with staff and all players when using the Pro Shop and Toilets.
On the Course (Presently the club has only two green keepers working to maintain financial viability)
1. Social Distancing must be adhered to at all times.
2. Please do not touch other players golf balls
3. All Flags to be left in at all times. We hope that a new appliance is to be added to the flags to enable all balls to be retrieved without touching the flag
4. All bunkers will be played as pick and place, please could all players use their feet and clubs to rake the bunkers.
5. All Ball washers and Rubbish Bins have either been covered or removed. Please take all rubbish home with you.
6. 5th green will play slower than others at the present time.
7. The rough will be slightly longer than normal and no first cut.
8. No Balls to be retrieved from any ponds on the course.
9. To maintain Pace of Play, please only take 3 minutes to look for your ball as only social golf being played. If not found, drop a ball as near as possible to where it was lost to quicken up play.
Upon Completion - Please leave directly and book your next round asap.
In these challenging times by working together and with members support we can through accepting these changes hopefully be back closer to normal as soon as allowed. We certainly are lucky that our sport is seen as one that can be compliant with social distancing and allowed an early release from lock down.
Directors of Gloucester Golf Club