WHS 4: Course Handicaps & Playing Handicaps
- Is the number of handicap strokes a player receives before Handicap Allowances, on a specific course and from a specific set of tees, as determined by the Slope Rating.
- Our Conversion Chart is displayed on the wall outside the clubhouse - where you lookup your Handicap Index on the left, and match it to your Course Handicap on the right..
These charts can also be viewed below and can vary depending on which tees you're playing off:
- Handicap Allowance - is the percentage of the Course Handicap applied to create equity for all players participating in a specific format of play.
- Playing Handicap - is the Course Handicap adjusted for any Handicap Allowances or Terms of the Competition. It represents the actual number of strokes the player gives or receives for the round being played. Handicap allowance allows for equity to be achieved across all formats, giving all players an equal opportunity of success.
Playing Handicap allowances
|Par / Bogey
||60% low + 40% high
|Scramble (3 players)
||30% + 20% middle + 10% (from lowest to highest)
|Scramble (4 players)
||25% + 20% + 15% + 10% (from lowest to highest)
- Before starting a round of golf the player must register their intention to enter a Competition or submit a General Play Score and establish their Course Handicap and Playing Handicap for the particular set of tees being used. Details of how to register are to be advised.
- Scores must be submitted as soon as possible after the round and before midnight on the day of playing, which is when their Handicap index will be re-calculated.
I write on behalf of the Gloucestershire Captains following our Captains Day held at Gloucester Golf Club on Friday July 12th 2019.
Our association is indebted to you for providing a magnificent golfing experience. From start to finish your professional approach shone through and the day was as perfect as we could have wished for.
From the food on arrival to the excellent dinner everything exceeded our expectations.
The course was in very good condition and those playing spoke very highly in respect of its presentation.
We look forward to returning in September for the Match against Worcestershire and we take this opportunity to wish Gloucester Golf Club every success going forward.
Best regards to you and your staff.
Paul Drinkwater. Captain Glos Captains 2019
Gloucestershire Golf Captains Friday July 12th 18/09/2019Read More Testimonials